A common theme that has emerged throughout my time in the District is how much SBRSD cares about our students, our staff, and the community they love. In keeping with our theme for this year, November/December is “Acceptance” month. We are looking to share all the ways the students and the staff value and support our school community, and the community at large. Please view the many events and opportunities listed here that showcase how our actions as a District demonstrate how we care about our Community. Our hope is to demonstrate how SBRSD cares each day, and we plan to celebrate each of these values throughout the months of the school year. - Superintendent Beth Regulbuto
- UME Grade 5 and 6 students will participate in Botvin Life Skills training on Wednesday afternoons beginning December 13, 2017, in collaboration with the Berkshire County District Attorney’s Office. Grade 5 is scheduled for five weekly sessions with Grade 6 slated for 16 weekly sessions, funded by District Attorney David Capeless and coordinated by Carol Mulcahy, Director of Community Outreach and Communication. We have arranged to offer developmentally appropriate sessions for Grades 3 and 4 at UME and NMC in early 2018.
- Based on the New York Times bestseller, WONDER by R. J. Palacio tells the incredibly inspiring and heartwarming story of August Pullman, a boy with facial differences who enters fifth grade, attending a mainstream elementary school for the first time. Share this book or movie about acceptance with your family.
- The Culinary Arts under the direction of Sue Petrucci will again host a Senior Luncheon on December 7, 2017 from 12:00 – 2:30 p.m. in the Elementary Cafeteria.
- There is a Blood Drive on December 7th at the Mt. Everett Gym.
- The New Marlborough Central will hold their Holiday Fair on December 9, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The High School Band and Choir Winter Concert is on December 12, 2017 from 7 - 9 p.m. in the TACPAC.
- The Elementary Grades 5/6 Band and Choir Winter Concert is December 14, 2017 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the TACPAC.
- The Elementary Students will hold their Winter Solstice Sing/Caring Assembly on December 20, 2017 from 1:30 – 2:15 p.m. in the UME Gym.
- The Middle School Band and Chorus Winter Concert is December 20, 2017 from 7-8 p.m. in the TACPAC.
- The New Marlborough Central will hold their Winter Solstice Sing on December 21, 2017 from 1:30 – 2:15 p.m.
- National Do Something Nice Day – October 5th – Hurricane Relief Fund Raiser
- Community Health Coalition – 10/6/17
- Parent/Teacher Conferences MS/HS – 10/5/17
- World Education Alliance – October 15 – 22
- Trunk or Treat – 10/27/17
- Hi Five Fridays
- Character Traits Assembly “Respect” 10/13/17
- Construct’s 29th Annual Walk 10/15/17
- District Visioning Initiative
- Interact Club – Mt. Everett Mile Clean-up
- Public Flu Clinic – 10/17/17