Previous estimates for the roof
The district, knowing that the roof was aging, got estimates in 2011 and 2014 (pre-MSBA) from Titan (the original 1992 roof installer) for the roof. The pdf files are attached.
- 2011: $1,397,000 for just replacing the membrane and $3,152,000 for “ripping” the roof down to the deck
- 2014: $1,676,000 for just replacing the membrane and $3,782,000 for “ripping” the roof down to the deck.
- Skylight replacement
- Increased insulation requirements (R-25: 5 inches)
- Thicker membrane (45 mils up to 72 mils) 45 mils is around 1/22nd of an inch. 72 mils is around 1/14th of an inch.
- 25-year warranty instead of a 15-year warranty
- Secondary roof drains.
- Removing and replacing roof-mounted equipment such air conditioners, air handlers, etc
New law will make renewable energy heating cheaper
Boiler system sizing review for Southern Berkshire Regional School District
Roof/boiler: Signed DOER contract for $360,000.00
Total Project Budget for the Roof/boiler proposal
The SBRSD Roof/Boiler Project at Mt. Everett/Undermountain School 1/21/15 Handout
DOER approves $360,000 SAPHIRE grant towards pellet boilers
The SBRSD Roof/Boiler Project at Mt. Everett/Undermountain School Brochure
MSBA: Project Approval Letter
This attachment is the notification from MSBA that our project was approved. You will notice that the letter indicates that the final MSBA reimbursement may be less than the amount shown in the letter ($2,612,552). This is because the reimbursement, based on 39.21%, would be reduced as the total project costs reduce.
MSBA: Approved for Funding
This document shows all of the school districts whose projects were approved for funding by the MSBA. You will notice that our project is the largest, by far of the Accelerated Repair projects. Reimbursement rates are determined based on a number of factors, including the relative wealth of the towns.