Mt. Everett FFA Agriculture Fair - Wednesday, June 10th 9am-1pm 2015
Date: Wednesday, June 10th
Set up: 8 – 9am
Breakdown: 1 – 2pm
Location: Lawn across from Mt. Everett entrance
· Opportunity for the school and general community to meet and talk with the people who make our local agricultural economy viable.
· Introduce students to careers in agriculture and allow them to network with agricultural businesses to encourage potential internships and work experiences.
· Help “redefine” agriculture in the minds of young people and educate future generations who will work on local farms and agricultural businesses, buy their products, and protect the land they use.
· Celebrate our community’s rich agricultural heritage and its importance in sustaining our local way of life.
· Foster a strong relationship between the agricultural community and school system, particularly the Mt. Everett FFA (Future Farmers of America) student chapter.
· Serves as a great public relations event for your business.
· Display – can include tools, equipment, interactive demonstrations, animals, crops, etc.
§ The more interactive your presentation is the more it will interest students.
- Have students try, smell, feel for a “real” experience.
· Written materials – info about your particular business or profession, business cards, etc.
- Outreach tool for potential student employees/interns, teachers, and parents.
· Supplies – such as water buckets, stakes, fence panels, tents, etc…
- We can provide tables for displays and water for animals
· High school students available to help set-up/break-down, and assist for the day.
· Gourmet Culinary lunch will be provided for all exhibitors as a “thank you”
· Beverages will be available all day
· Scheduling class rotations
· Scavenger hunts for students
· Publicity and advertising
**We recognize that contributing a day of your time is very valuable. We are most appreciative of your participation in this event and hope it will help increase the respect of the community for the important work which all of you do.***
Please let us know if you’d like to attend/contributing by completing the attached form.
Danielle Melino – Mt. Everett Agriculture teacher
firstname.lastname@example.org (413)229-8734 x 135